Updating settings takes too long
For a possible solution, see Installation of Office hangs at 90%. So, after you've restarted your computer, go to Can't find Office applications in Windows 10, Windows 8, or Windows 7? If Office did not install, try to reinstall after switching to a wired connection.This can help speed up the installation because a wired connection is usually faster than a wireless one. The Office offline installer may help bypass potential proxy, firewall, antivirus, or Internet connection issues that might occur during an Office installation.Unfortunately, MS has arranged it so there's a lot of clicking involved- even more awkward in Win 10!You may prefer to simply select Diagnostic boot in msconfig - Windows key R, enter msconfig Click Diagnostic boot.I don't know if this is any help for your situation since it involves database links, but I had the same problem except that it was taking way too long to update a spreadsheet running a database query.The way I sped things up by a factor of 15 was by first making the query select the necessary data instead of making Excel filter it.if it is..it normal with all HDDs or there must be a problem here??? Thanks for your fast response :) I have questions before performing what you asked me to do! What are SMART parameters and where can I find them?! How should I reserve the settings to get back to normal boot?! and if I'm supposed to disable all services -included Microsoft services- doesn't that make my PC to malfunction???
If Office still isn't installing, try some of the options below.
Stack Exchange network consists of 175 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. All the vlookups are in a separate Excel worksheet.
I have changed the Excel setting to manually update the links and calculate formulae. 12MB is a perfectly reasonable small-to medium file size and you should have no need to do anything so drastic as reworking to a database or something similar. I like the pre-opening idea: you can see what's happening then.
Running a vlookup on data sourced from another vlookup I have noticed takes quite some time. This will tell you if the issue is happening because the data is in two separate spreadsheet.
This should not be an issue but it will be a good test.