Dating wagner cookware
After being allowed to fall into receivership, the Wagner factory and Wagner and Griswold trademarks were bought by the American Culinary Corporation of Willoughby, Ohio.
Without their wood burning stoves, the camp Dutch oven provided a way for the travelers to cook their meals over an open fire.In 1957 Randall's Wagner division acquired Griswold Manufacturing from Mc Graw-Edison. Textron sold the Wagner and Griswold lines to General Housewares Corporation (GHC) in 1969.In 1996 GHC sold rights to the Wagner and Griswold lines to Slyman Group.The company acquired their competitor Sidney Hollow Ware from Phillip Smith in 1897. We cannot afford to put on the market ware that will not sustain our reputation.The name ‘Wagner’ is cast on the bottom of each piece of ware.